Tuesday, April 5, 2011

What an idea.. sirji!

Today, after a normal day at work, I reached home. After changing over, I started browsing through TV channels. Browsing stopped at Star Cricket, where re-telecast of India-England ICC World Cup '11 match was on. While watching that for sometime, something struck me hard. There was silence all around, I heard nothing for some time. Instinctively, I touched my head. There was no blood on my hand, rather found nothing unusual. What was it that struck so hard! Then I realised it was a thought! Started digging into it, deeper. 
I was thinking about the world cup format. India won the world cup, but England drew the match against India, in that sense England is equal to India and so England also won the cup! Secondly, South Africa won against India, so with similar logic South Africa won the cup! But, South Africa lost to New Zealand, which in turn lost to Pakistan and Pakisatn lost to India, so India is a worthy winner! Haha...
Kuch aur kaam nahin hain kya, kuch bhi sochta rehta hain... bakwaas band kar!
Huh.. who said that!? Forget it, I thought, let me go deeper into my original thoughts!
Com'on this is so common. I have thought about it hundred times before!
Then, go over it one more time, hardly matters. Why not have a world cup, wherein all matches are knock out matches. Lose one, you are out! We can have best of three. Have groups made up of two teams, play each other until a team wins twice. So, if there are twelve teams to start with, we have six groups. Twelve will become six and six will become three. Three play each other twice, if there is a circle formation i.e. if B wins against C, A wins against B and A loses against C then sum all scored-for runs minus scored-against runs and decide the winner. No final will be played. If there is no circle formation, then play best-of-three finals.
Moron you are!
Well, let me continue. Groups will be formed based on matches played against each other in last four years. So, not only the world cup, but all the matches will be interesting.
Hmm, this seems to be a good idea!
So, unless a match is declared as a friendly match, all other matches will count for group formation. And teams will have to play certain minimum number of matches against each other in the four years between two world cups.
This seems to work!!!
I knew it! Something good comes out of garbage thoughts as well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment